Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Our Maker

The water's gone cold
and its got me thinkin'
while you walk across the water
I'm always sinkin'.

Perfect world thoughts
leave me pale and dead
We're reading all these books
but we don't know what we just read.

Free from all this hatred
I don't know where it began.
maybe if we look back
we'll see our tracks in the sand.

Redeeming all these vows
makes life a bore
if thank you's were a gift card
you'd be a store.

we were sittin' round
and we were writing a sonnet
missed the fucking lines
and the rhymes weren't on it

So i messed with some ideas
with just a pen and some paper
and as the ink spilled like blood
we all looked to our maker.
********************************************

This one is actually a song I wrote for a band I was in a while back, I couldn't come up with any new material tonight, so I wussed out and resorted to previous work =P But yea, so that's the deal, I will usually put hot off the press poems on here, but when the juices aren't flowing I'll just resort to old stuff from my millions of notebooks and what not. =]

1 comment:

Rachelle said...

I really like this one!! I wish I was in a band, but alas, I cannot play an instrument. :)