Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Light the Road

Light the road
that lies before us
Shed the truth
like you shed lust (black road)

The darkness
binding our eyes
cannot act
as your disguise (black road)

The black road
stretches the land
colors sky
a black so bland (black road)

Heroes come and heroes go
Life is one and death is so old
Loved ones live then come to pass
Honor them and do as your told

The dark times still lie ahead
Refrain from living now in woe
Shine your light so you can see
the obstacles on the black road.
*************************************

first half of a song I'm writing =P

4 comments:

Lynda Meyers said...

So very cool... I love your poetic voice! I'll most definitely be back!

Madison

Anonymous said...

That is so awesome, what instrument do you play?

Riley J. said...

what instrument do I play...ermm my voice? lawl

Anonymous said...

oh.....well you should take up guitar or something so you can make music to accompany your songs!