Saturday, October 25, 2008

Broken Lullaby.

The streetlights are hollow
like the lights of your eyes
like the lights in my eyes
and they're swirlin
and they're twirlin
to their certain demise,
with a certain reprise
playin over, and over again.
My friend,
my family
best friends,
we used to be
and I know I don't belong
here no more
and I know I'll sing along
with your sore, sore
lullaby
with your broken
sore lullaby
and I'll say a
bye bye birdie
don't you come here no more
don't you come here no more
'Cause we're a broken and sore
lullaby.

Hey you
hey you
little little dude
standin' over in the corner
what's your name?
how have you been?
Who is to blame
for all this sin?
I do not know

Where do we go?

But you pass me by
like a sullen ship
just waiting to be loaded
or waiting to be boarded
and I know you're not comin
back this way
'cause the waters are too shallow
and the strait is too narrow
for that big ass ego of yours.

But we sing
on and on
like we've never sung before
a broken and a
sore, sore lullaby.
*********************************
This can be interpreted as a song or a poem. Take your pick. =]

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

song

Riley J. said...

in my head, when i wrote it, it was a song