Thursday, October 16, 2008

Leaving, Going, Gone...

Sitting with my legs crossed
Head tossed about
in the pouring rain.
Looking to the skies to find
the gods can't
tell me I'm sane.
I'm a fool caught looking
and caught with my
hands painted red.
I was looking so long
my conscience
has showed up dead.
Mutilated and futile
are my attempts to
save myself.
All I ask in return is
you ask why didn't
he leave a will.
Leaving, Going, Gone
I'm gone, I'm gone
and I'm gone
don't chase me
berate me
infuriate me
a impassionate state
incapacitate me
leave me sighing
crying
I'm leaving
I'm going
I'm gone
'Cause you are
or I am
or We are
but we're not
We are not
I'm taught
with frustration
I'm still with
destiny
of failure
I've failed
I'm leaving
I'm going
I'm gone.
***********************

When life fucks you over, like today it did me, follow the steps.

3 comments:

Harry Secrett said...

Wow.
That was a great poem, out of all the poetry I have read, that has to be one of the best poems.

I saw your little brother's blog, and his poem was pretty good. I loved the pictures.

Keep writing poetry, I love the stuff your writing.

Anonymous said...

This is amazing poetry, no joke.
I wish i could write like this.
My thoughts come out in blurs,
and never make any sense.

I think i can relate to this,
which makes it meaningful.

I'd email you, but i don't really email.
Do you have myspace?

Calamity Jane said...

riley you're amazing.

this one especially is better than half the stuff i've written :)