Saturday, May 1, 2010

Come Children

I wanna see the world
through the eyes of a seed
drifting on the wind
listening to it plead
"come children of god
come children of trees
let me hold you in my arms
let me kiss you with the breeze"
I wanna view the earth
from the eyes of a girl
a girl down on her knees
whispering to god
a girl begging "please,
don't take my life
don't give me keys
to heaven or hell"
-she pauses to weeze-
"I just want to live
in this room that I lease
for eight hundred a month
with this guy I won't leave
'cause I love him so much
and I truly believe
that if I don't stop
I will not cease."
she stops when she sees
outside her window
a very small seed
as it passes her room
-the one for lease-
it seems to plead
"Come children of god
come children of trees
let me hold you in my arms
let me kiss you with the breeze."

No comments: