Saturday, November 8, 2008

The Unspoken Ballad of Mad Men and Sinners

Eruption of disbelief
of etymological science
my ghostly friend conveys
he's upset
by skewering the wind
like only he can.
I am a fountain
I am a geyser
in autumn
because the trees
can only color my eyes
with their brilliance
once a year,
once a lifetime.
Flowing
Flowing
Flowing
why am I blowing
away away away
away like so many leaves,
your hand on my hand
your chest on my chest
your lips on my lips
your heart on my heart
apart
I take
you lack the initiative
to forsake
at least that much
it's like a muse
has kissed my forehead
and told me
he's always listened.
Rave
I rave
I'm raving mad
I say
obey
like a mcdonalds commercial
gone terribly wrong
or right
there's so much
illusion
intrusion
disillusion
mistrust
and diffusion
of cultures
of life spans
of waist bands
like blotches of paint
on a large white board
we soared
with such ease as
a heavy black primer across the tiny room
and we soared
and we soared
and we lied
but we soared
god speed
means gods fast
because man
there was more
and soon enough
I looked up
with a curiosity
only mad men and sinners possess
and asked myself
what the fuck I was doing.

No comments: